September 11, 2022
I’ll be at the day job tomorrow so this week’s update is a day early.
- From the Desk of Dean: The House at the End of the World | Pre-Order Now
- The House at the End of the World cover and animated cover
September 8, 2022
August 13, 2022
According to Charnel House’s news page, “WATCHERS by Dean Koontz will be available for pre-order in September.” Sadly, no further details are available at this time.
July 9, 2022
July 4, 2022
I promised no updates today and then this happens. Looks like there’s a new edition (Audio, HC, and TPBK) of Demon Seed now available along with a new short story “Friend of Man and Woman” described as “the technological terror continues in Dean’s sinister NEW short story follow-up.”
June 6, 2022
Yep, spend a full week offline and it takes a week to catch up. There’s not much this week but it’s not nothing.
- Cover image of Dark Web, the French TPBK of The Silent Corner
- From the Desk of Dean: A new novel in July and a mushroom mystery
May 1, 2022
The following titles have had some interesting reprints lately:
When the first two of them were released I that these were bootleg editions that someone who wasn’t authorized to sell these editions for the following reasons:
- There is no cover price listed on the books.
- The copyright pages are woefully incomplete.
- They contain no statement of printing.
- There is a print-on-demand barcode on the last page.
- The publisher is listed as “Independently Published”.
- The Also By Dean Koontz page on The Voice of the Night lists “The Darkest Evening of the Yea”, a pretty significant typo.
But as more of them have been released, I’m starting to reconsider the bootleg status of these editions for these reasons:
- Now that there are four, you’d think someone would have noticed by now and put a stop to it.
- The cover art on The Voice of the Night and The Eyes of Darkness both match the cover art for obviously legitimately released audiobook editions (Eyes forthcoming) from Brilliance Audio. I can’t imagine someone also bootlegging the art without someone noticing.
So, that’s where I stand on this issue right now. I’ll post updates if/when more information becomes available and/or additional evidence becomes available.
April 18, 2022
A half-day meeting 50 miles away came up today, so no time to focus on the zines. In the meantime here are a couple of nice little finds along with a new interview.
- ARC cover of The Big Dark Sky
- Authors in Focus episode 171 with Dean Koontz to Appendix B
- Turkish VCD of Phantoms
- Walk the Wire by David Baldacci to Appendix G
March 10, 2022
According to The Bookseller:
Thomas & Mercer, an imprint of Amazon Publishing, has signed a five-book deal with Dean Koontz.
Amazon Publishing editorial director Gracie Doyle acquired world English rights from Richard Pine and Kimberly Witherspoon at InkWell Management. The first instalment, The House at the End of the World, will be published in January 2023.Read the full article @ The Bookseller
February 17, 2022
February 7, 2022
Dean posted this Tweet on 26 January 2022 announcing a Reddit AMA scheduled for 31 January 2022. Moments before the event was to start, the tweet was deleted and no AMA happened that I could find.
By any chance does anyone have any additional information on what happened and/or if it will be rescheduled?
February 3, 2022
Two interesting tidbits from Dean’s recent interview on the Writers, Ink podcast:
- RE: Quicksilver (26:40)
“I’ve been asked whether this is a series or not, but no it’s not; I think it works as a stand-alone.”
- RE: The next books (47:08)
“I just signed a new five book contract and delivered the first book.”
[I’m assuming The Big Dark Sky is that first book.]
January 30, 2022
Unfortunately, the live (online) event costs $40 to attend so I will not be attending. Here’s hoping they make the recording freely available once it’s over. You can find complete details on the Facebook event page.
January 28, 2022
December 20, 2021
We’re several people short at my day job so I’m not exactly up to working on this a whole bunch to be honest. The holiday’s aren’t going to help. But I’ll keep chugging along the best I can. I will say I’ve got some posts pre-scheduled for the next week or tow so even if there aren’t updates like these you’ll still be getting new content. Happy holidays!
- Devoted SST edition unboxing video
- Phantoms Berkley trade special value edition cover image (here and here)
- The Servants of Twilight Audible Audiobook & (bootleg?) Hardcover
October 23, 2021
According to Paulx Evens who heard it from Dean: “Update – Dean bought it back from Harper Collins and it’ll appear at some point under Amazon. Possibly the first book in a new deal.”
October 5, 2021
Preorder the Hardcover or Audio CD today. (Or the trade paperback coming out in January 2023.)
October 4, 2021
21 September 2021: “Fineman’s current development slate includes The Fall, a thriller inspired by the Albert Camus tale of the same name; Elsewhere, a drama series based on the book by bestselling author Dean Koontz; and Beautiful Strange, a character drama from writer Lara Radulovich.”Source: Deadline
September 14, 2021
Cue the complaints about it being audio-only…
August 25, 2021
I backed and then asked about Dean being interviewed for The Book of Vaughn. Here’s Mr. Francis’ response: