February 12, 2023
I have been completely locked out of my Facebook account due to the inability to transfer 2FA tokens from an old phone that died to a new one. Sadly, I’m not alone and Facebook does not offer any solution to this problem. (Other than lots of sketchy “hackers” offering to help as long as I had over all my account information. That’s not gonna happen.)
Personally, I’d love to never use Facebook again, but losing access to the Facebook Page for this site is quite a loss. I’m still investigating and am holding out a tiny bit of hope, but who knows if/when I’ll get back in.
In the meantime, I’m still on the dumpster fire that is Twitter (@collectkoontz) so feel free to follow me over there.
May 7, 2018
Welcome to the brand new online version of The Collector’s Guide to Dean Koontz!
What makes this version different than the previous two?
- This isn’t just a blog. The blog continues as part of this site, but there is SO MUCH MORE.
- This site contains the content of what was going to be in the many-years-late print book from Cemetery Dance Publications. There still may be a book someday, not for now, it’s all available to you, for free, here on this site.
Though today is the official launch date, there’s still a lot of content that’s not on the site yet. As of today, I’ve entered everything from G-Z with some exceptions.
For those of you that like stats, at the time of this post there are 445 guide entries containing 1,044 individual editions and the site as a whole has 1,270 images. By my estimates, only about 50% of the content is in the site right now.
Feel free to comment, submit new content, I just ask that you first read Noah Mitchell’s Foreword, my Introduction, the About the Guide page, and the FAQ, before asking too many questions. There are a lot of answers already on those pages.
December 7, 2023
December 3, 2023
Apologies for no update last week. There were things to announce but a combination of the holiday, and my day-job schedule led me to not publishing the post. So this week, here’s two week’s worth of updates.
- America, Fall 2018 to Appendix B
- Inside Books, February 1989 to Appendix B
- Cleaned up the Odd Apocalypse page
- Screenshot of Odd Hours in the background of Time s02e03
December 2, 2023
According to Amazon, the release date for The Forest of Lost Souls has been moved from July 16, 2024 to November 19, 2024.
November 30, 2023
November 23, 2023
November 19, 2023
Somehow Elsewhere’s large print edition was my second recent large print miss. Given all copies I can find online are ex-library copies, the cover image from one of my local libraries will have to do for now.
November 16, 2023
November 12, 2023
Just a single item this week.
- New (July 2023) Phantoms Kindle cover art
November 9, 2023
November 5, 2023
This week’s updates are all about The Bad Weather Friend.
- The release date has been pushed out to February 2, 2025 according to Amazon. The ARC lists January 23, 2024.
- Charnel House has Numbered and Lettered editions up for sale.
- Advance Reder’s Copies have hit the streets.
November 2, 2023
October 29, 2023
I’m getting back into the swing of things. This week I’ve got five updates for you.
- After Death Twitter (X) promo video
- By the Light of the Moon new Kindle Cover
- Quicksilver large print hardcover & banner ad
- Watchers new Audible cover art
October 26, 2023
October 22, 2023
Still recovering from my vacation so have just one new item this week.
- From the Desk of Dean: Nostalgic Reflections & A Fall Treat for Prime Members
October 8, 2023
Heads up everyone, I’m on vacation this week, so no update next Monday.
October 5, 2023
October 1, 2023
A new essay, some ephemera, and some updates this week.
- Dealthrealm #21 to Appendix B
- From the Desk of Dean: An amusing subject line for an amusing newsletter
- Updated reader information for “Down in the Darkness” and “Bruno” in Strange Highways and Other Stories
September 28, 2023
September 25, 2023
Apologies for the lack of an update last week, I just wasn’t feelin’ it. Anyway, the item I’ve been teasing has arrived. It’s Koontz tangential, but still a cool item: The vinyl version of The Funhouse OST.
- Cover for The Bad Weather Friend
- The Funhouse (Film) OST vinyl
- A super-brief mention of the Demon Seed film in the You Must Remember This podcast
September 21, 2023