June 16, 2022
June 13, 2022
Another busy week. Just one new item this time around. But, since it’s another print-on-demand edition be sure to check out the note about the page headers. The plot thickens…
- Shadowfires POD TPBK
June 9, 2022
June 6, 2022
Yep, spend a full week offline and it takes a week to catch up. There’s not much this week but it’s not nothing.
- Cover image of Dark Web, the French TPBK of The Silent Corner
- From the Desk of Dean: A new novel in July and a mushroom mystery
June 2, 2022
May 26, 2022
May 19, 2022
May 16, 2022
I’ve got a vacation coming up and I’ll be completely offline most of that time. So, please don’t expect any more updates for at least two weeks. Thanks.
- By the Light of the Moon Turkish paperback cover
- Cold Fire Dutch paperback cover
- Dragon Tears German hardcover cover
- The Flesh in the Furnace French paperback cover
- Hideaway Spanish paperback cover
- Night Chills Swedish paperback cover
- More & updated Quicksilver errors
May 16, 2022
The 20/20 episode ‘Dead Man Talking’ investigates the incredible story of former Texas veterinarian Wendi Mae Davidson who was accused of murdering her military hero husband, U.S. Air Force Staff Sgt. Michael Severance, in 2005. In 2006, she pleaded no contest to first-degree murder and two counts of tampering with evidence, and was sentenced to 25 years in prison.
Gutman says in the clip that Wendi, who comes to the interview in a bright white prison jumpsuit and red lipstick, “doesn’t look or act like any of the killers I’ve talked to.”
In [this Facebook] video, she smiles and laughs about “how crazy” things were and says even crime writer Dean Koontz “couldn’t make this up.”Source: 2Paragraphs
May 12, 2022
May 9, 2022
If there’s no other proof as to me being a completist, it’s the fact that I spent money on an ebook “unmasking Dean Koontz´ [sic] prophecy.” Please spare yourself from this drivel.
- New audiobook recording of Shadowfires on CD and MP3-CD
- Chopin error in The Night Window
- Date error in From the Corner of His Eye
- Coronavirus: The Eyes of Darkness: Unmasking Dean Koontz´ Prophecy to Appendix A
May 5, 2022
May 2, 2022
Plenty of new items this week ranging from 1969 to 2022. And, in site news, Appendix G was getting too large for WordPress to handle properly, so I’ve split it into two: G(1), which covers 1969-1999, and G(2), which covers 2000-present. It’s not the most elegant solution, but it was the best one I could come up with.
- Afterword to The Key to Midnight POD Trade Paperback
- The Eyes of Darkness POD Trade Paperback
- Frankenstein screenplay lettered edition photo here and here
- The House at the End of the World mentioned in the April 2022 issue of Locus
- Gothic Blimp Works as in the February 14, 1969 issue of The East Village Other to Appendix G(1)
- The Key to Midnight POD Trade Paperback
- Changed The Servants of Twilight “bootlegs” to POD
- Changed The Voice of the Night “bootleg” to POD
May 1, 2022
The following titles have had some interesting reprints lately:
When the first two of them were released I that these were bootleg editions that someone who wasn’t authorized to sell these editions for the following reasons:
- There is no cover price listed on the books.
- The copyright pages are woefully incomplete.
- They contain no statement of printing.
- There is a print-on-demand barcode on the last page.
- The publisher is listed as “Independently Published”.
- The Also By Dean Koontz page on The Voice of the Night lists “The Darkest Evening of the Yea”, a pretty significant typo.
But as more of them have been released, I’m starting to reconsider the bootleg status of these editions for these reasons:
- Now that there are four, you’d think someone would have noticed by now and put a stop to it.
- The cover art on The Voice of the Night and The Eyes of Darkness both match the cover art for obviously legitimately released audiobook editions (Eyes forthcoming) from Brilliance Audio. I can’t imagine someone also bootlegging the art without someone noticing.
So, that’s where I stand on this issue right now. I’ll post updates if/when more information becomes available and/or additional evidence becomes available.
May 1, 2022
April 28, 2022
April 24, 2022
A day early because I have to work the day job tomorrow. However, I have a four-day weekend coming up so looking forward to getting back to those zines.
- The Big Dark Sky ARC cover scan and details
- From the Desk of Dean: Ensuring your future entertainment
April 21, 2022
April 18, 2022
A half-day meeting 50 miles away came up today, so no time to focus on the zines. In the meantime here are a couple of nice little finds along with a new interview.
- ARC cover of The Big Dark Sky
- Authors in Focus episode 171 with Dean Koontz to Appendix B
- Turkish VCD of Phantoms
- Walk the Wire by David Baldacci to Appendix G
April 14, 2022