December 3, 2023
Apologies for no update last week. There were things to announce but a combination of the holiday, and my day-job schedule led me to not publishing the post. So this week, here’s two week’s worth of updates.
- America, Fall 2018 to Appendix B
- Inside Books, February 1989 to Appendix B
- Cleaned up the Odd Apocalypse page
- Screenshot of Odd Hours in the background of Time s02e03
November 19, 2023
Somehow Elsewhere’s large print edition was my second recent large print miss. Given all copies I can find online are ex-library copies, the cover image from one of my local libraries will have to do for now.
November 12, 2023
Just a single item this week.
- New (July 2023) Phantoms Kindle cover art
November 5, 2023
This week’s updates are all about The Bad Weather Friend.
- The release date has been pushed out to February 2, 2025 according to Amazon. The ARC lists January 23, 2024.
- Charnel House has Numbered and Lettered editions up for sale.
- Advance Reder’s Copies have hit the streets.
October 8, 2023
Heads up everyone, I’m on vacation this week, so no update next Monday.
September 25, 2023
Apologies for the lack of an update last week, I just wasn’t feelin’ it. Anyway, the item I’ve been teasing has arrived. It’s Koontz tangential, but still a cool item: The vinyl version of The Funhouse OST.
- Cover for The Bad Weather Friend
- The Funhouse (Film) OST vinyl
- A super-brief mention of the Demon Seed film in the You Must Remember This podcast
September 3, 2023
Just a single tiny update this week. But, assuming things ship and arrive as expected, a coll new item next week.
- Minor updates to Appendix H
August 6, 2023
An estimated release date and two interviews this week. Those should keep you busy for a few hours.
- Going Home in the Dark approximate release date
- The Cale Clark Show: Dean Koontz to Appendix B
- Horror Legend Dean Koontz Full Episode Preview from Upcoming Season 3 of About the Authors TV to Appendix B
July 30, 2023
This week: a new title, two interviews, and a classic fanzine review.
- Going Home in the Dark
- This is Horror #514 to Appendix B
- Nova Express, Summer 1990 added to The Bad Place
- “Good and Evil, Golden Restievers, and a Matter of Perspective: A Conversation with Thriller Legend Dean Koontz” to Appendix B
July 23, 2023
It’s release week again. After Death is now out. Let the reviews and interviews commence.
- After Death trade hardcover & audiobooks
- The House at the End of the World TPBK
- “NOTE” updates
- Mystery & Suspense interviews from January 2022 & July 2023 to Appendix B
July 16, 2023
Just one new short interview this week.
- “Author Dean Koontz probably had three more ideas for thrillers while you read this headline” by Chris Hewitt to Appendix B
July 9, 2023
Got my hands on an ARC of After Death This week. Not sure what this says about the current state of the Dean collecting market, but it was the lowest amount I’ve ever paid for an ARC of a forthcoming novel and the closest to release they’ve ever (seem to have) come available online.
- After Death ARC
- The Early Thrillers of Dean Koontz (additional details) in Appendix A
(Appendix A has also been resorted into the proper order.)
July 2, 2023
There’s a light at the end of the tunnel with the day job, so here are a few tiny updates to get me back into the wing of things. (Yes, I’m an HWA member, for those wondering.)
- “THIS JUSTIN: The Horror And The Humanity of Dean Koontz” to Appendix B
- “HWA the Karen Lansdale Silver Hammer Award” to Appendix G(2)
June 11, 2023
This coming week will be the day job’s busiest of the month as we’re physically moving locations. I’ll continue to squeak out what I can here. Thanks for your continued support.
- After Death banner ad
- From the Desk of Dean: The most disturbing villain I’ve written in a while
- Meaning – origin and history of the name Dean to Appendix G(2)
May 28, 2023
A new newsletter and a new book about Dean. Don’t have the book in my collection yet, so details are minimal right now.
- From the Desk of Dean: Koontz readers are better looking and better smelling
- The Early Thrillers of Dean Koontz: Essays on the Evolution of a Writer, 1966-1997 to Appendix A
May 14, 2023
Just one small item this week but I do have a few interesting items in the queue for next week.
- A Twitter video from Dean about The House at the End of the World
May 7, 2023
Not sure if I mentioned this previously, but about a month ago, I spoke with Karen Heller from the Washington Post on background for her then-forthcoming article about Dean. The article is now out and linked below. (I am not mentioned.)
- By the Light of the Moon MP3-CD
- The Big Dark Sky Twitter banner
- “What scares master of suspense Dean Koontz? Plenty.” by Karen Heller to Appendix B
April 30, 2023
I’m back from a long-planned vacation in Italy, and several days later, I’m almost recovered from jet lag. While I was gone, Amazon released the title of the next novel, The Bad Weather Friend, and Dean released a new column. Enjoy those, along with some other interesting finds.
- The Bad Weather Friend
- Italian trade paperback edition of Elsewhere
- The new Brilliance Audio edition of From the Corner of His Eye
- From the Desk of Dean: A letter to, and inspired by you, my dear readers
- A scene from the documentary Cum on Feel the Noise (2017) regarding the film version of The Funhouse.
- Photos of the UK cassette version of Space Museum
- Some interesting text from Swapper’s Convention
- “Taking Another Look at The Watcher” to Appendix G(2)
April 2, 2023
The list is short this week, but the content is huge. Previously to this week, collectors, including myself, were aware of this one issue of Central Pennsylvania Trend magazine containing “The Terrible Weapon” by Dean. However, all I’d ever seen was a photocopy of the cover and the story. Amazingly, there’s a mint copy on eBay right now. (You can look, but as of this writing, it’s going for more than $1500. I’m no longer bidding.)
However, what we’ve learned from this sale is that not only was Dean listed as an “Associate Editor” for this issue, but also there’s an article titled “R and X Ratings” by our old friend K.R. Dwyer!
Check out the entries and some additional related photos via the links below.
- Darkfall review in Science Fiction Chronicle #67
- Updated cover image for “The Terrible Weapon”
- “R and X Ratings” by K.R. Dwyer
- Dean as Associate Editor for Central Pennsylvania Trend, Jan/Feb 1972
March 26, 2023
Sorry, nothing new this week as I’m feeling a bit under the weather and my day job is kicking my butt. In the meantime enjoy this recent short video from Dean.